Monday, October 28, 2002

Observations from Europe
1. KLM served me quorn. I tried a tiny bite of it; it didn't taste bad, except insofar as it was airline food, but I found it much more disconcerting than, say, my andouillette from the day before. Isn't it odd that they have no qualms about eating this shit, while banning all GM food? I'm really starting to think the whole thing is almost exclusively a trade war.

2. The south of France is still fucked from those floods. A lot of roads are still closed and the vines are covered with mud. It was definitely much worse west of the Rhône -- Châteauneuf-du-Pape and the Dentelles seemed ok, but we'll have to see.
As far as European disasters go, have you noticed that Mt. Etna is exploding?

3. I take no solace in the fact that I predicted the Angels would be better than anyone thought -- in spring training I told my dad, I swear, that it wouldn't surprise me if they made the playoffs. That's pretty good compared to the expert predictions, but it's not like I put money on it when I had the chance. The only good thing that will come of this is managers (and GMs) making entertainingly stupid decisions. Expect a marked increase in contact hitters and the hit-and-run.

4. Just because you don't think your French isn't that bad doesn't mean it isn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

©2002-2005 by the author