Monday, October 25, 2004

Interesting and very there-will-always-be-an-England-y article on "Globalisation and Gastronomy: News from the Front," by which he means, "the food I ate in France and Spain." [via this via this]

Can anyone tell me why no one laid down a bunt last night? Nor, for that matter, did the Yankees. I mean, that's very nice and respectful and all, but don't you want to win the game? I guess the Sox made so many errors no one had time to square around?

I see that some people's resolve is faltering:

This one had all the makings of a classic Red Sox inning, one of those sequences that would come on ESPN Classic at 2:30 a.m. some night and cause any Boston fan to avert their eyes in horror, then frantically press buttons until the channel changed.... Sitting in Section 9, I remember thinking to myself, "My God, I really think he can get through this."
And it is understandable, now that it seems that it no longer matters that God is against us. But I'm not believing anything until the final out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

©2002-2005 by the author