Wednesday, November 03, 2004

America has spoken, and it said I'm an asshole. That's my losing entry in the postmortem witticism contest, currently tied between Tom:

I look at the big map and all of the red in flyover country and I feel like I've been locked in a room with the slow learners.

and James:

Good, Go Ahead, America, Choke on Your Own Vomit, You Deserve to Die.

There is also touching optimism, realistic assessments, and despair, along with a useful tool for those of you considering your options.

Buck up kids: remember Reagan's second term. Sure, our tax dollars paid for the senseless death of thousands of Latin Americans, and we created a whole class of war criminals for Bush père to pardon (and fils to re-employ). Then there was that whole Ed Meese thing... But the point is that it was not, technically, the End Of The World. Although we are getting closer.

I just have to add that I find Le Monde's disapproval of our electoral college very amusing:

Un tel désordre, inimaginable dans la plupart des autres pays démocratiques, n'est pas à l'honneur de l'Amérique. Et il est préoccupant que le sort du monde soit suspendu à un système aussi archaïque.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

©2002-2005 by the author