Thursday, September 22, 2005

My lunch is better than yours

Now I get it: you have to write something interesting to make the internet respond in the form of "comments"! So easy.

Not, however, today.

Here's little productivity tip: do not nap until 7:30 then decide to make pâte brisée [a/k/a the short crust] for dinner if you want to get anything done the next day. Let's just say that pâte brisée is a two bottle of wine kind of operation.

If, however, you want to have an awesome lunch, do make pâte brisé, fill it with tomates confites and anchovies and bring the leftovers to work.

I was going to take a picture, but I ate it already. Yeah I ate a stick of butter in the last 12 hours, so what? I'm going to smoke it off.

Julia's recipe, which worked out pretty well: 2 cups flour, 1/4 lb. butter, 3 TB crisco, up to 5 TB water (I only needed 3). Sorry, I was fresh out of leaf lard. For procedure see above.

There was a lot of interesting and/or idiotic shit in the papers yesterday, but I haven't even read most of it yet, so you'll have to wait for me to tell you what to think about it. Too busy trying to explain the AL wild card race to my sister. [It does not look good. Damn you Sizemore queens!] And I need a nap.

15 Comments:

Blogger Pim said...

No it is not.

Thu Sep 22, 09:00:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

Why, what did you have?

I want proof or I'll start making fun of all the typos in your latest post.

Thu Sep 22, 09:16:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Paul said...

Enjoy your blog. Came here through gastropoda a few months ago. Have read some Marion Nestle; otherwise would have little idea what you're talking about.

Thu Sep 22, 09:29:00 PM GMT  
Blogger la depressionada said...

with respect to writing interesting material -- why pander? sac doesn't and look at his stats.

Thu Sep 22, 09:39:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

Who's this sac asshole you're all talking about?

It's settled then: I'll keep it nice and boring.

Thu Sep 22, 10:58:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Fesser said...

Sac does not even blog any more, which as he points out, is much cooler than blogging.

Fri Sep 23, 02:47:00 PM GMT  
Blogger sac said...

Blogging is easy. Not-blogging is hard. And yet, I totally rock at it. Fuck, that's impressive.

Fri Sep 23, 03:25:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

Not blogging is so September 2004.

Fri Sep 23, 04:43:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i almost got fired from my job for not-blogging about it.

-steener

Fri Sep 23, 06:11:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i my gastropod got all blogged up from margaritas

Fri Sep 23, 06:19:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

I am a full week ahead of the gawker curve.

Fri Sep 23, 06:28:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't mean to suggest you should water it down. Enjoy it as is. Saw "The Future of Food" yesterday. They try to offer signs of hope near the end, but the hill is steep to climb.

Fri Sep 23, 06:46:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Paul said...

Just to clarify, that last post was from me. Thought I had listed my name.

Fri Sep 23, 08:24:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous dana said...

Sizemore is dead to me!

Mon Sep 26, 05:46:00 PM GMT  
Blogger la depressionada said...

i thought you guys were talking about TOM sizemore. (this is one gets living on a diet of stilton and entertainment tonight. i am very nearly miss haversham.)

Mon Sep 26, 09:17:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

©2002-2005 by the author