Wednesday, December 07, 2005

crazy

In my absence, I was apparently nominated for an urban food blog award. I have no idea how they found me. I guess it's because I'm so edgy. This is funny because I am monumentally suburban. Verging on Sac-ish. It would have been funnier, I admit, if anyone had voted for me.

This morning, while enjoying a pseudo-urban bus commute, I observed a crazy man talking to himself. After a while I realized that he was basically practicing a conversation. Because he was crazy, no one would talk to him, so he had to conduct his conversations with himself. This is how you write a blog -- wander around constructing "observations" in your head to later unload on your absent interlocutor, the internets. It is only because you don't do this out loud on the bus that no one notices that you are crazy.

These days, I'm not making up those conversations the way you're supposed to. A little too much real world on that last vacation, I guess. I was starting to fear my lack of content would drive away all two of my readers. Then I remembered the papers.

At this point, you'd think I'd dive eagerly into DI/DO looking for cannon fodder. Oh, it's there, don't worry. I just can't read it yet. I did, however, drag my sorry ass through another pinnacle of New Times journalism to read all about the brown fairy. Well, not all about it. Just the important stuff: no one knows what's in it; they drink it in SF (edgy! urban!); it's very indie rock. Bonus: stupefying misuse of the word Romanesque.

All right, this is my stop. I've got to go abuse myself with Jenny 8. Lee's book deal.

11 Comments:

Anonymous kk said...

I once didn't notice a crazy homeless guy who was following me for apparently quite some time. I'm notoriously oblivious, of course, but I just assumed it was yet another asshole on his cell phone.

Thu Dec 08, 04:45:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

Now that's fucking EDGY.

Thu Dec 08, 07:05:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous kk said...

Part of my hip, urban lifestyle.

Thu Dec 08, 07:14:00 PM GMT  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Foo. I was gonna say "Isn't that stuff just hangover juice?" But I had the wisdom to follow your link first, and learn that you'd already proclaimed that well over a year ago.
I gotta go find the story now. You sure they didn't mean to say Romenesko? ; )

Thu Dec 08, 08:23:00 PM GMT  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Hah. Rubenesque!

Thu Dec 08, 08:45:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

I must warn you: the Miracle is EXTREMELY addictive. At least if you're prone to amari.

Thu Dec 08, 08:59:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

And don't even get me started:
"reubenesque"
Reubensesque

Thu Dec 08, 09:07:00 PM GMT  
Blogger la depressionada said...

you don't have a prayer of winning so don't bother with a speech. i just hope that dick from waiter-rant doesn't win. he's so tedious and i'm not all together certain authentic.

Fri Dec 09, 12:35:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The proper use is "Sac-esque." You know, like Romanesque, only with a hyphen becuause I'm edgy. Enjoy your suburban life. The suburbs are the new cities, of course.

-sac

Fri Dec 09, 04:09:00 PM GMT  
Blogger mmw said...

No, it's Sac-ic. Bonus: slavically pronounced "sack-itch".

Fri Dec 09, 11:58:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, "rubenesque." After the painter Peter Paul Rubens. You're confused by the sandwich.

Sat Dec 10, 01:11:00 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

©2002-2005 by the author